• Frank Logan Brown Jr. MD FACP, FRSM MD, received his MBA from Yale University School of Medicine; his BS, Virginia CommonwealthUniversity;Pharmacydegree,HowardUniversityCollegeofPharmacy.
• He is currently a Physician Executive with current licensure in Kentucky, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, his general specialties are Medical Management and Medical Devices with specialty focus in: Patentee, Patents, Inventor, Medical Innovator, Medical Devices, Intellectual Property, Credentialing/Privileging, Peer Review, Healthcare Quality, Physician Performance Management,Value-BasedCare,ClinicalMergers& Acquisitions,DosingErrors,and HealthcareFraud.
• He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, the American College of Emergency Physicians, the American College of Clinical Pharmacology,the RoyalSocietyof Medicine,and theAmericanAcademy ofCommunications.
• He also serves as the Senior Medical Correspondent for station WVGB-FM in Beaufort, South Carolina. He was awarded 6 patents in the United States for the design of systems to improve patient health engagement and health system management. In addition to SenateSubcommitteetestimony,wherehe has doneplaintiffanddefenseworkin six stateswithintheUnitedStates.
• As a correspondent, he hosts daily coronavirus updates, weekly interview programs, and periodic Coronavirus Townhall presentations.Withover 35 yearsof experiencein thenationalhealthinsuranceindustry,his areasof expertiseinclude: (1) Value-based care (>10 ACO's managed) (2) Appeals (> 500 including face-to-face customer interviews) (3) Boards of directorship representation (AHA, NMSS, United Way) (4) Clinical Mergers and Acquisitions (Oxford/Oaktree, Anthem/Trigon} (5) Commercial acting representing Cigna (ATL, LA, NY, Philadelphia markets) (6) Executive leadership (CHIE designation, Vice President, Sr. Medical Director) (7) Fraud & abuse (>100 cases) (8) Medical necessity review (>50,000 chart reviews) (9) Peer Review (10) Medical innovation (US Inventor; Patentee) (11) Quality management (Malcolm Baldrige, NCQA) (12) Physician credentialing (>20,000 file reviews; >500 hearings) (13) Wellness program implementation (14) Sales (> 300 sales presentations) (15) Executive physician coaching.
Frank Logan Brown Jr. MD FACP, FRSM
Internal Medicine Physician,
Medical Management and Medical Devices, South Carolina