Federal Financial Aid. You may complete the FAFSA application as soon as it becomes available for the year you wish to enter. You are not required to have an admission decision before completing this application. The priority deadline is March 1 of the year you wish to enroll.
Fellowships and Research Assistantships
Graduate students in the Howard University College of Pharmacy are supported by fellowships, research assistantships and student loans..Admission offers are made on a competitive basis with consideration given to the applicant’s academic record, Graduate External Scholarships and Fellowships
Fellowships for Applicants with a Pharm. D.
For applicants who will hold a Pharm.D. by the time they begin graduate training, the American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (AFPE) offers several fellowship awards to encourage outstanding pharmacy students to pursue the PhD in the pharmaceutical sciences in a college of pharmacy graduate program:
- Phi Lambda Sigma AFPE First Year Graduate School Fellowship
- Rho Chi AFPE First Year Graduate School Fellowship
- Kappa Epsilon AFPE First Year Graduate School Fellowship (The Nellie Wakeman Fellowship)
For Current Students
- AFPE Predoctoral Fellowship:
- AFPE predoctoral fellows receive a stipend of $10,000 per year that may be used for any purpose jointly decided by the awardee and college that will enable the student to make progress in their pursuit of a Ph.D. The term of the fellowship is September 1 to August 31 of the following year. For full details of the AFPE fellowship predoctoral agreement view the downloadable [PDF]. All eligible students are expected to pursue AFPE funding to help support the cost of their training.
- To be eligible, students must:
- Major in one of the following disciplines: Clinical Pharmaceutical Science, Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacoeconomics & Health Outcomes Research, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacokinetics/Metabolism, Pharmacology/Toxicology, Pharmacotherapy & Experimental Therapeutics, or Social & Administrative Science.
- Have completed three semesters of graduate study and anticipate that they have no more than three and a half years remaining to obtain the Ph.D. in progress.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
To learn more about these AFPE fellowships and to apply, visithttp://afpepharm.org/index.php/contact/grants-scholarships-and-awards/.
Additional external fellowship opportunities include: