Howard University college of Pharmacy operates on a rolling admissions process, which means that we start interviewing applicants as soon as we have a complete file. Therefore, the sooner you submit your application and required paperwork, the better your chances of being interviewed and/or accepted.
Annual Application Deadline for Fall Semester - Februrary 1st of the year student is seeking admission.
To be considered for admission into NTDP program, applicants, must have a Valid US Pharmacist License, and are required to submit a complete application files which includes:
- Notarized photocopy of current US Pharmacy Registration/license
- Two letters of recommendation from pharmacy colleagues (forms enclosed)
- A letter of Career Plan/Statement of Goals (800-1000 typed words)
- Two passport size photographs (taken in past 3-6 months)
- Applicant must successfully complete an interview
- A supplemental Application Fee of $45.00 (Money Order or ,jhCashier’s Check (NO personal check) payable to Howard University.
Most communication with applicants is done via email when possible, so please be alert for emails regarding your application. Notification generally occurs within a few weeks after you have submitted your materials.
Materials for Application
Invitation to Interview: Nontraditional Doctor of Pharmacy Online applicants will complete an online video conference.
Admissions Status: Applicants will be informed of their admissions status within a few weeks after their interview. If you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance email followed by an official acceptance package with a deadline to submit your non-refundable tuition deposit to secure your position in the class.
Once You Are Accepted: Accepted students are required to pay a tuition deposit in the amount of $1000. ($300.00 Enrollment Fee and $700.00 Good Faith Deposit. Of note, good faith deposit will be counted toward your tuition) to secure your seat for the incoming Cohort and acknowledge that these fees are Non-refundable. The fee is non-refundable and should be mailed to:
Howard University College of Pharmacy
2300 Fourth Street N.W. Room #106
Washington D. C. 20059
Attn: NTDP Program
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that complete packet has been received by the NTDP Program Office at above address.
It is suggested using services such as registered mail, or an overnight service which provides tracking services in the event that application packet is lost or delayed.
Technology requirements for the NTDP program
Get Prepared for On-Site Visit
- If you’ve purchased a new laptop, make sure you’ve spent time and used it, so you feel comfortable with the device prior to coming to the executive weekend seminar in August.
- We recommend bringing a cordless mouse if you aren’t familiar with using the track pad on your laptop.
- Also, make sure you have administrator rights on your laptop. This means you will be able to install and update software yourself.
- While most students can do majority of the program on their mobile devices be sure to bring your laptop and not just your iPad/other mobile device.
The Minimum Recommended Laptop Configuration
- Computer: PC or Mac laptop
- Internet access: Broadband connection (DSL, cable modem, etc.)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 or faster
- RAM: 8GB or more
- Microphone: Sound card with speakers and a microphone (built-in or external)
- Wireless compatibility: 802.11b/g/n card
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later | Mac 10.10 or later
Software You Must Install Prior to Coming to The Executive Weekend Seminar
- Microsoft Office 2010 or later (Windows) or Microsoft Office 2011 (Mac)
- Antivirus Software: McAfee, Symantec, BitDefender or another comparable antivirus software package. If you have anti-virus software that came with your laptop, be sure you have a subscription for updates, and not just a 90-day trial of the software.