The Center of Excellence (COE) Faculty/Student Fall Research Program is an 10 week program. Four to Five Professional Level Howard University College of Pharmacy students will be selected to participate in the Research Program. All honor society students and high achievement scholars are encouraged to apply. The COE Faculty/Student Research Program is designed to increase the active engagement of professional pharmacy students in research projects along with faculty/research mentors who are conducting research which have a focus on Minority Health Issues. This program is made possible by the Center of Excellence (COE) grant #D34HP6042 funded by the US Department of Health Resources and Services Administration. Participation in the program is voluntary and there is no cost to the participants.
Any African-American, Hispanic/Latino American, and American Indian/Alaska Native professional level students who have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 and above are eligible. Student participants must be a U.S. Citizen or legal Permanent Resident.
Students must complete and submit the following information:
- COE Faculty/Student Research Program On-line Application
- Two recommendation forms (1 from the Faculty/Mentor and 1 from a College of Pharmacy Course Coordinator or Instructor)
- A proposal that demonstrates the students’ interest in research, proposed research project and its relationship to Minority Health issues (Two to FIVE pages Times New Roman font size 12 or Arial size 11; 1.5 spacing)
- One personal (face to face) interview
Applications and supporting materials must be received by Monday, January 28, 2019 in order to receive consideration. Application review Period January 28 -February 7, 2019. All applicants will be notified of the decision regarding their application by Friday, February 8, 2019. The Spring FSR Program will begin February 11, 2019 and end April 5, 2019 [8 weeks]. Final Research Summaries are Due Monday, April 15, 2019.
- Faculty Recommendation Form
- Faculty/Student Encounter Form
- Student Guidelines for the Research Proposal
- Research Process Information
For more information, please call or contact:
Outreach Coordinator, Center of Excellence
Howard University College of Pharmacy