A transfer student is any person who was previously enrolled in a Doctor of Pharmacy program at a college or university other than Howard University whose program was accredited by a United States regional accreditation agency and the Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE). To qualify for admission consideration as a transfer student, the applicant must be in good academic, professional and ethical standing (cumulative and semester GPAs of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale, or better) in all institutions previously attended, in addition to meeting all other requirements for admission to the Howard University College of Pharmacy, including eligibility for licensure upon graduation.
TRANSFER APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To apply, please submit all application materials bulleted below, plus a letter from your current Dean stating you are in good academic, professional and ethical standing. DO NOT APPLY THROUGH PHARMCAS!
All of the following application materials will need to be submitted directly to the Howard University, College of Pharmacy, Office of Student Affairs, c/o Admissions Committee, 2300 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20059:
- A completed and signed Supplemental Application;
- A Supplemental Application Fee of $45.00;
- A ‘Personal Statement’ (minimum 250 words) which sets forth the applicant’s goals and reasons for pursuing a career in pharmacy at Howard University College of Pharmacy;
- Detailed description of reason(s) that applicant is seeking transfer to Howard University College of Pharmacy at this time. (Please provide supporting documentation)
- An official transcript from each college or university previously attended;
- Scores from the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) [The PCAT should be taken no later than October of the prior year you are seeking admission consideration];
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation, of which, one should be from a current school/college faculty advisor and the other the current school/college student affairs dean; plus,
- A letter from the Dean of any Doctor of Pharmacy program in which you have previously been enrolled, stating that you are in good academic, professional and ethical standing.
- As with all prospective College of Pharmacy students, an in person interview and criminal background check will be required.
An admissions decision will be based on a thorough review by the College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee of all submitted materials. Submission of all required materials does not guarantee admission to the College of Pharmacy.
If Transfer is Approved:
- Transfer Credits--The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs of the College of Pharmacy will determine the courses to be accepted for a credit from a regionally accredited college or university for transfer. Only courses with a grade of “C” (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or above will be considered for transfer credit. The College of Pharmacy DOES NOT evaluate foreign transcripts. Foreign transfer credits MUST appear on a U.S. regionally accredited college or university transcript prior to consideration by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- You will be required to sign an agreement certifying your level equivalency in the College of Pharmacy at Howard University and a registration form with the courses in which you are eligible to enroll.