Apply to one program only!
Required Training for Research
COE Research Program Application
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION CRITERIA:
Participants will be selected based on their eligibility and merit of their application (GPA, letters of recommendation, and their demonstrated interest in the health professions). Participant requirements include:
- High School Students who will enter the 11th or 12th grade.
- A complete COE HSSESA Application.
- Supporting Materials:
- A typed 250-word essay demonstrating an interest in pharmacy or other health professions and describing how attending this summer enrichment science academy will be beneficial to you in your future career path in the health professions.
- Three favorable recommendations on school letterhead: 1 from a science teacher, 1 from a math teacher, and 1 from the school principal).
- Students must submit a current unofficial transcript to the Center of Excellence
MINIMUM STANDARDS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Documented acceptance to the COE High School Summer Enrichment Science Academy.
- Final official transcripts must be submitted
The SAT Preparatory is designed to enhance students’ performance in Writing/English, Reading, Mathematics and Science. If you are planning to take the SAT for the first time or to improve your existing scores, this program will assist you in achieving your goal.
- To encourage young under-represented minority students to pursue careers in Pharmacy or other health professions.
- To provide an opportunity for young under-represented minority students to develop mentoring relationships with current minority health professionals and graduate health professional students.
- To facilitate entry to Howard University’s Pre-Health Programs.
- There is no cost associated with the course.
- Course materials and study guides will be supplied.
Any questions please contact:
Howard University, College of Pharmacy
Attention: Ms. Angelica Harris
Center of Excellence, Faculty Annex III, Room 120
2300 4th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20059
(202) 806-4212 Main